The other day, Leechiu Property Consultants reported that demand for office spaces in the Philippines grew during the second quarter of this year. This could be good news in the industry. They said that it is up by almost 40% from the previous quarter. This is the highest growth since the beginning of the pandemic.
Demand is mainly driven by the comeback of the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) group. As we indicated in another article of ours, most of Workzone’s clientele comes from the BPO’s.
Now, we are expecting here of another frenzy in office space acquisition. If you’re thinking about moving offices or starting a new one, now might be the best time to do it. But wait, if you are contemplating using office partitions in your new arrangement, you may want to know the right sizes of your partitions and panels.
Below, I have summarized the standard dimensions of the cubicles that you might have in mind. I assume here that you have already addressed the office layout issue. If not, go back. The dimensions of cubicles are second only to the design of the office.
In the design of the office, there are particularly important things to consider like the flow of information, privacy, security, and a host of other issues. Now if it’s already done, then you can address the office cubicle issues. If this is your first time, this could be quite a challenge.
The height of the panels, the materials, whether it’s full fabric, partitions with glass, aluminum, or laminate maybe just be some of the questions you might be harboring. But right now let us tackle the standard sizes of office cubicles.
- Standard Cubicle. Usually, measure 120 cm length and 60 cm width.
- L-Shape Cubicle. This type is for improved privacy. This has more space for staff movement and greater table surface area. The L-Shape dimension is at 180 cm X 120 cm. Table width is 60 cm.
- U-Shape Management Cubicle. This is a private room cubicle for managerial employees. This has more desk area and storage. This would measure 240 cm x 240 cm x 240 cm.
- Management Cubicle. This is quite large as it also accommodates one or two visitors inside. This type has more movable space, a bigger desk area, and a storage facility. Your executive office chair will have more floor space to even move side to side. Your private meetings can also be done here. This measures 360 cm X 240 cm X 240 cm.
The height of the panels is a balance between privacy and visual connection. For managers who would want visual contact with their staff would want higher panels with glass. For work with greater confidentiality, a taller panel would do.
These are the standard cubicle size of the panels here in the Philippines.
- Low partitions are usually 120 cm. This height is at eye level when you are seated.
- Then, 135 cm. The panel height is beyond the top of your head when you are seated.
- Next is 150 cm. This is semi-private. Also, this is good if you intend to install hanging cabinets for your easy to notice files and books.
- The 180 cm high panel. This is for the closed offices for managers.
- Then there are the floor-to-ceiling partition panels. This is for the totally closed rooms. Ideal even for conference rooms.
There you have these standard sizes. And keep in mind that while there are standard sizes, you still can customize your office partitions. The height and width of the panels can be fitted to the floor space and ceiling heights or even be adjusted to other office furniture.
At any rate, Workzone provides a free estimate, just send your office layout.